Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The balancing act....

Well, today was one of those crazy days...I had slept really late as I had to finish an assignment for school...I had to report for work early and well-dressed cuz I thought I had to attend a luncheon...
I had completely forgotten about a reporting meeting that I had to be a part of and present at...and to top it off...I am always running late in the mornings....so thats the background....
But, today was also one of those days when things fell into place by themselves...and I thank the Almighty for it...he was watching over me....
First, I was running late in the morning (as usual - the 4AM bedtime didn't help!!!) then as I checked my calendar I saw a meeting that looked almost the same as another "Luncheon" meeting that was supposedly scheduled later on in the week...so being the smart ass that I am...I thought to myself...ohh well...today is the luncheon...cool...let me wear good clothes....
So as I wasted more of my precious morning minutes ironing my nice shirt and cursing myself about not doing it before going to bed, I had plenty on my mind already...I had a fair idea about a reporting meeting in the afternoon, but I had procrastinated the preparation to the ultimate limit! Yea - its stupid....but I have been swamped with a lot of stuff recently....(yea i know...thats my lame excuse!)
Ok...so i finally get my lazy ass on the road and reach office....and the first shock i get is that there is no luncheon...I had misread my calendar....wow!!! As I sat at my desk and wondered why I had put so much effort into dressing up...(esp. the ironing - i hate it!) it struck me that all was not lost....there was still the meeting to attend...and I was happy that the clothes could serve another purpose if not the original!
Then...as time went by...i got settled into the morning and frantically started working on the presentation material....hoping and praying that everything goes well...I had this sense of being "watched over" by someone throughout the morning as I had thanked the Almighty immediately after I realized my procrastination and schedule mishaps! But nonetheless I had muttered to myself that whatever happens, happens for the best and is the work of the Almighty - there was nothing I could do about it now!
I went back to my work and tried to fit the pieces together as best I could...
It was lunch...I had told mom not to pack anything as i had the "luncheon"...but now there was none...so i had to drag myself out to the food court....wow!! It had been a while anyways....n i enjoyed my pizza....
As soon as i returned back to work....i realized the room reserved for the meeting did not have a projector and my laptop (an old piece of junk) wouldn't support all features that I wanted to demo at the meeting....so I scrambled once again...this time with more urgency than ever before...
I reached the system admin's desk and explained my situation to him...n fortunately (thank God!) a laptop n projector (usually unavailable) were both AVAILABLE!!!
This was it...this was all I needed from HIM....and I began to think that everything from here was taken care of...all I needed to do was to remain calm and humble.....
I made my way to the meeting, presented my material...it was more well received than i had ever thought or imagined....the general mood around was happy...towards the end people shared a good bit of outside thoughts....and had some fun....
As I walked out of the room after everyone else, I knew that someone had watched over me for the whole day...I think faith and destiny are the pillars that hold the universe...all that is needed from the human being is "effort" and "humility"....

1 comment:

Keyo said...

oh la la..
ass you are? No
hardworking? yes
an owl? yes
god is great! YES!!

nice one! glad all worked out for you!
i have misread which exam paper was next on my "schedule" so imagine finding out one day before the exam that its a different paper! yikes.. we have all been there at one pt or another. dont feel bad!